Hello and welcome. We asked for your bold predictions for the 2011 Redskins today, and we have received quite a few. So I'll go through them, and offer my own at the end.
Before we start, I wanted to discuss Michael Lombardi's prediction that the Redskins will win the NFC East.
First set of bold predictions, from Kenneth Grandon of Stephens City (a k a @skinsfan_1981)
1) Graham Gano will be the league's most accurate kicker
2) The Redskins D will lead the league in forced fumbles
3) The three-headed monster of Hightower, Helu and Torain will make the Redskins a top-5 rushing team
From K. in New York State
1) Jammal Brown will go to the pro bowl
2) Graham Gano will score more points this season than QBs combined
From an anonymous reader:
1) Tim Hightower will be crowned the next John Riggins until he gets hurt week
2) Atogwe will have an interception vs the Giants
3) Redskins fans will find something non-football-field-related to obsess about for three weeks.
1. The Redskins will go 13-3 with loses to only Philly, Dallas, and New England.
2. Rex Grossman will play all 16 games and throw for between 3,000 and 3,500 yards.
3. Dallas and Washington will be the only NFC East teams to make the playoffs.
From an anonymous reader
1. Trent Williams, Brian Orkapo and Deangelo Hall will make the Pro Bowl, and Trent Williams as an alternate.
2. Tim Hightower rushes for 500 yds and 6 TDs through 7 weeks before an injury clears the way for Roy Helu.
3. Redskins go 8-8, staying in the division race until Week 13 then going 0-5 to finish the year (Jets, Pats, Giants, Vikings, Eagles).
My three wishes ... Oh, I'm sorry, I mean Three Bold Predictions
1. Like Cofield, I say they will have a top-5 D
2. Hightower will have a breakout year. That's not really bold so I will make it bold: He will win the NFC rushing title!!!
3.The Skins WILL go 10-6
1) Landry won't play a whole game this year.
2) Redskins begin the process of readying Lorenzo to take over London's position
3) Grossman will lead the NFL in passing yards
1) Brian Orakpo will lead the leauge in sacks, and will be a canidate for defensive MVP.
2) Tim Hightower will lead the NFL in rushing yards, he will have at least 1,500 yards like Clinton Portis in his prime
3) Rex is right -- the Skins will win the NFC East, but Grossman won't finish the season as the starter.
- Anthony McCree of PG County, Maryland
1. The Redskins will beat the Patriots and lose to the Bills.
2. The Redskins will finish the first half of the season above .500 and, although they will remain competitive, they will beat themselves a handful of times in really close games and finish 8-8.
3. The Redskins close losses WON'T be due to kicker issues. In fact, they will win a few games due to big-time field goals.
- Johnny Frederick, MD
- The Redskins will finish at least with 8 wins
2) The Redskins will end up in the top 10, if not the top 5, in defense, and will rank around 12th in total offense.
3) Rex Grossman will finish will a quarterback rating of 95 or better
Fushezzi says Steinz went tanning
Dan Steinberg's bold predictions:
That's all. Thanks for watching and submitting!