October 24, 2012

The Reliable Source Live

Washington Post columnist Amy Argetsinger was online Wednesday, October 24, at noon ET to discuss your favorite gossip, celebrity sightings and their recent columns.

Past Reliable Source chats

Amy Argetsinger :

Hello everyone, and welcome back to the Reliable Source live discussion. . . .

Hey, where is everybody? Glued to Twitter awaiting Donald Trump's big announcement? Suckers. Come on back over here.

In the news this week:

Dinesh D’Souza learns it’s hard to balance a wife and a girlfriend.

Don't believe the hype: Beyonce and Jay-Z have not been denied a Blue Ivy trademark at all, obviously. Beyonce and Jay-Z always win.

Chris Cooley put his house on the market, re-signed with the Redskins, resumed quote-machine duties.

Will “horses and bayonets” still be funny next year? Nah, probably not. What makes for a timeless debate catchphrase.

Are our eyes fooling us, or is David Axelrod everywhere these days?

So, too, is Eva Longoria: At the White House, on Twitter, just not with Mark Sanchez anymore.

In other news: GQ makes over the men of Capitol Hill . . . . Pattison and Stewart offer proof of on-again status.  . . Diane Rehm will not be interrupted. Political photo ops — how contrived are they?

Looking forward to your questions.

Now That the Season Is (Sadly) Over. . .

How about some Nationals' wedding information. Surely Ryan Zimmerman will be marrying here, as his bride is from Annandale. . .People care very much about celebrity weddings. These are not just celebrities, they are, for more than half the year, locals whom we could spot dining or shopping here.
Amy Argetsinger :

So true -- if only you could recognize them! Does Ryan Zimmerman get stopped on the street if he's not in uniform? I have no idea -- please, someone tell me if you've run into him. . . . But yes, Nationals wedding season is about to kick off in a big way -- I do believe Michael Morse and his fiance Jessica are the first up, next month, but there are at least six other Nats couples headed down the aisle.  Ryan Zimmerman and Heather Downen will be getting married in January according to their wedding registry (though those things are sometimes fed false dates, etc., to lend privacy to VIPs). It's not too late to get them some Waterford place settings, fwiw.

– October 24, 2012 12:07 PM

Amy Argetsinger :

Uh, sorry for the delay -- we were here typing away, but forgot to hit "start." Still learning how to self-produce these things.

washington DC

I know this is kind of a heavy question, ladies but is Sandy really a good name for a hurricane? Didn't Danny Zucko make out with her under the bleachers?
Roxanne Roberts :

It's kind of feel-good, 50s, "Grease" isn't it: "Hey, guys, Sandy's coming to town!" Can a hurricane wear a poodle skirt?

– October 24, 2012 12:08 PM

Has the chat started?

Usually you guys have a list of topics, and here it is 12:07, and there is no such thing. You guys forget about the chat, or is the web site just bad?
Amy Argetsinger :

We've been here, but just forgot to push the big lever that raises the curtain.

– October 24, 2012 12:09 PM

NATS WEDDINGS AND DONALD TRUMP

So where is Ryan Z-Man registered? So when is this Big announcement anyway?
Amy Argetsinger :

It's on YouTube, apparently, a link from his Twitter feed. I don't feel like giving it to you. Should I? Oh hell, here. It sounds like nothing.

– October 24, 2012 12:11 PM

Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, and Zimmerman's wedding registry? You guys have to learn how to use the Internet yourself. But looks like they're registered as the same places all your friends are registered.

"If only you could recognize them. . ."

I think I could recognize almost all of the Nationals out of uniform (please don't take that the wrong way--although I could think of at least one I'd like to see out of uniform!). I'll bet most people could recognize Harper & Jayson Werth--he has his own cupcake, after all!
Roxanne Roberts :

Honestly, I don't think I'd recognize any Nat out of uniform -- but aside from RGIII or Chris Cooley, ditto for the Redskins. I'm your classic casual fan who watches the games but not the players so much. But I'm curious: Which Nat do you want to see naked?

– October 24, 2012 12:14 PM

Eva Longoria

As she seems to like athletes, her perfect match is Tampa Bay 3rd baseman Evan Longoria. She wouldn't need to change her last name!
Amy Argetsinger :

Wow, he's just one letter off from her. And, at 27, about the age she likes.

– October 24, 2012 12:14 PM

GQ makeover

You'd have to have the physical development of a prepubescent boy to wear suits cut that way
Amy Argetsinger :

Ha. As the very handsome Max Engling said, those suits are "not conducive to spending a day in."

– October 24, 2012 12:15 PM

"I'd like my fiancee to meet my wife."

Dinesh D'Souza seriously thought that the ultra conservative Christian college he was heading in NY would be okay with his getting engaged to one woman while still being married to another because, after all, he had been separated from his wife for two years. How can a putatively smart person be so stupid? Why not follow the age old PR rule, "How is this going to look in the paper?"
Roxanne Roberts :

Because that would be thinking with his head. And he's clearly not.

– October 24, 2012 12:17 PM

Dinesh D'Souza

Dinesh D'Souza expressed surprise that Evangelicals don't approve of getting engaged to someone else while still legally married. Heck, don't you think they even disapprove of DATING while still legally married? And how can D'Souza keep a straight face when saying something like that?

Amy Argetsinger :

He was doing a lot of justifying: Dinesh D'Souza argued that because he and his wife were separated and planning to get divorced, and because he met the new lady after that separation, and because they were simply "engaged," but that when they shared the hotel room "nothing happened" (I know, TMI!), that it was probably okay. If you have to explain that much to your bosses about your love life, you're probably working in the wrong place.

– October 24, 2012 12:18 PM

Richie Havens' Sandy

Not just a poodle skirt but a lovely'60's song: Sandy made me promise, not to tell, not a soul, how well we love...
Roxanne Roberts :

Not to be a wet blanket, but how about "Tracks of my tears?"

– October 24, 2012 12:19 PM

Trump, yuck

Not to be political, but after viewing Donald Trump's video--why exactly does it matter than Obama release his college records? A quick google search shows that McCain and GWB did not release their records (although GWB's was leaked I believe). Do you know why this is an issue? Or is Trump just being Trump?
Roxanne Roberts :

Trump being Trump. Move along, people; nothing to see here.

– October 24, 2012 12:20 PM

MSNBC

Can we get advance warning when Luke Russert is hosting that morning show? Totally must-see-V.
Amy Argetsinger :

An exchange from this morning's show:

-- "Here to join us, none other than ARS! Andrew Ross Sorkin, how are you sir?"

--  "Good. Luke, I hear you're wearing loafers today not boat shoes."

-- "Oh, you'd be mistaken my friend, you'd be mistaken. But socks are a must in this type of cold weather."

-- "Let me give you a quick rundown of what's going on in the markets. . . "

It was great. I don't even miss Regis anymore!

– October 24, 2012 12:21 PM

Naked Nat

Tyler Clippard--he looks like he has the greatest thighs. . .he can wear his glasses, however
Roxanne Roberts :

Now I'm singing, "You Can Keep Your Hat On."

– October 24, 2012 12:21 PM

horses and bayonettes

It is not a good catch phrase because the US military actually has more bayonettes now than they did in 1916. 1916 was just prior to the mobilization to WW1 and the US had a very small standing army. A catch phrase based on a lie should not last.
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, no, we do have to start counting bayonets now?

– October 24, 2012 12:22 PM

LOG OUT

Do the WH logs list every person that enters or that official business only ? For instance if a personal guest of the Obama family comes to the residence or if a super secret meeting takes place that sort of thing wouldn't be public knowledge would it ?
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, I'm sure they're hiding some stuff from us. I mean, you put the Salahis in here, and you get nothing. And "Olivia Pope" also came up empty, though on "Scandal" she's there every episode having a passive-aggressive makeout session with President Fitzgerald Grant.

– October 24, 2012 12:25 PM

SNL

Every election yeah, I have enjoyed how SNL raises its game and gets funny with its political stuff. This season, and particularly last week -- well, they are 10 minutes skits with hardly a laugh. Or i is just me?
Amy Argetsinger :

Yeah, I thought that debate skit this past weekend was fairly tedious. The others have been better this season.

– October 24, 2012 12:26 PM

Taken 3

Any word when that is expected to come out?
Amy Argetsinger :

I thought "Taken 3" was the one with wolves? No, seriously, Liam Neeson says he's done with this particular storyline.

– October 24, 2012 12:26 PM

Blue Ivy

Isn't that a Jolly Rancher flavor?

Yum!

– October 24, 2012 12:26 PM

Hooters and KMart?
Amy Argetsinger :

I didn't mean your friends.

– October 24, 2012 12:27 PM

I WANT CANDY

I know you'll be getting the, " What're ya wearing to trick or treat this year " slew of questions but I'm wondering what candy to expect if I stop by your houses this year and please don't say you're giving out healthy snacks again...
Roxanne Roberts :

I never give out healthy snacks. I grew up loving Halloween and want this generation of children to enjoying the guilty pleasure of holiday candy. My son used to come home and count every piece of candy and then rank each by type. I let him pig out a while then put the rest on the shelf and doled it out over time. Feed you kids a healthy diet the rest of the year, but for pete's sake let them have candy (not all of it -- parental rationing is acceptable) on Halloween, Easter and in a Christmas stocking.

– October 24, 2012 12:28 PM

RIP McGovern

Any George McGovern thoughts to share?
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, I meant to share this link with you. Roxanne attended McGovern's 90th birthday party and said he seemed healthy and happy to ready to keep on going. But things can move fast when you're 90. Or at any age.

– October 24, 2012 12:28 PM

What about Tracks of my Tears ?

I am befuddled as to what you are getting at.
Roxanne Roberts :

Hurricanes...tracking...wet...rain. Well, I liked the joke.

– October 24, 2012 12:29 PM

but that when they shared the hotel room "nothing happened"

HAHAHAHA!!! Does he really expect anyone to buy what he has to sell on THAT!
Amy Argetsinger :

Kind of beside the point anyway, it seems.

– October 24, 2012 12:29 PM

Sandy

Also the name of the dog in "Annie".

Yup. Another sweetheart.

– October 24, 2012 12:30 PM

Horses and bayonets

Amazing, but not surprising, that Republicans took this as a dis of the Navy when, of course, it's historically on point. The largest naval engagement in history was the Battle of Leyte Gulf in 1944, in which the U.S. Navy essentially destroyed the Japanese navy. But we were able to do so because of overwhelming air superiority--essentially our airplanes sunk their ships. One reason I know this is because my father was an air combat intelligence officer during that battle. So, basically, battleships have been old hat for about, oh, 70 years.
Roxanne Roberts :

Don't say that to the battleship guys -- it will hurt their feelings.

– October 24, 2012 12:31 PM

Is "bayonettes" the feminine of "bayonets?"

Sure sounds pink and sharp.
Amy Argetsinger :

It's the name of the new girl group I manage. They're all from the greater Jersey City/Newark area.

– October 24, 2012 12:31 PM

Speaking of the Salahai's

Any word on Michaele's registery? Something tells me that will be a hoot!
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, you are so smart to think of that. Just checked, though, and they don't seem to have registered yet.

– October 24, 2012 12:33 PM

Blue Ivy

If Jay Z and Beyonce can't copyright "Blue Ivy," isn't there a real risk of other people trying to profit from their child's name, especially where children's products are involved? That doesn't seem especially fair to me.
Amy Argetsinger :

Actually, read the new story:  Earlier reports that Jay-Z and Beyonce had been denied were inaccurate. Their "Blue Ivy Carter" trademark application is still in the works.

– October 24, 2012 12:35 PM

But looks like they're registered as the same places all your friends are registered. Hooters and KMart?

What inquiring minds REALLY want to know is, where are Dinesh d'Souza and his fiancee registered? (I'm guessing not at a religious bookstore).
Amy Argetsinger :

Can't find their registry. But then, remember, they put their engagement on hold.

– October 24, 2012 12:36 PM

washington DC

I don't get the whole Russert clan, didn't any of them go to journalism school?
Amy Argetsinger :

Don't be a snob -- neither of us went to journalism school.  It's not all that.

– October 24, 2012 12:37 PM

Dinesh D'Souza

It is a false assumption that he is smart but it is now completely clear that he lacks any moral center.
Roxanne Roberts :

Look, he's not the first and last to have marriage problems -- so I don't think it's fair to say he has no moral center. His huge mistake was finalizing a divorce with his wife before getting into a new relationship -- but that requires maturity and discipline that most people don't have. Being separated for two years opened a door for mayhem and he jumped through it.

– October 24, 2012 12:38 PM

INVISIBLE MAN

David Alexrod may be everywhere these days but not seen in this chat much...
Amy Argetsinger :

What's the matter, people -- you're not fascinated by David Axelrod's many doppelgangers?

– October 24, 2012 12:38 PM

College transcripts

W's grades were actually better than John Kerry's, which must be why they were "leaked". As for Obama, as a fellow Harvard Law grad, I can guarantee that they are all A's with a smattering of B's. Grading is very flat in most Ivy law schools.

Bombshell!

– October 24, 2012 12:39 PM

Sheldon Adelson

I just about spurted tea out my nose when I read in the WaPo this AM that Sheldon Adelson "has... undergone a political conversion, from a Massachusetts Democrat who considered Republicans to be the establishment that resisted newcomers like him, to a Nevada Republican..." In other words, at first he was simply jealous of the "haves," but then his social-climbing succeeded, right?
Amy Argetsinger :

I don't know, haven't read the story yet, but looking forward to it:

Sheldon Adelson: Casino magnate, mega-donor is a man of many motives

– October 24, 2012 12:39 PM

Battleships

Wasn't that Taken 3?

That was "Taken 4."

– October 24, 2012 12:40 PM

Wedding registry

Where are Mark Sanford and his Soulmate registered?
Amy Argetsinger :

Another smart chatter with a good memory. Thanks for the idea, but alas, not seeing a registry for them.

– October 24, 2012 12:41 PM

Does Donald Trump...

...even have $5 million in liquid cash to give. I always predicted that he would decide not to run is because his financial disclosures would have been a nightmere and would have showed him no where near as liquid as he likes to protray.
Roxanne Roberts :

Probably but.......sorry, I dozed off. Trump does that to me. Better than warm milk.

– October 24, 2012 12:41 PM

ZING

"...Don't be a snob -- neither of us went to journalism school. It's not all that." Wait this is journalism ?
Amy Argetsinger :

Hey, they hand out Pulitzers for Web chats, don't they?

– October 24, 2012 12:41 PM

Which Nats would I like to see?

Personally, I'd love to see a pin-up calendar that included Bryce Harper (sans eye black) and Michael Morse, even though Mark DeRosa is more my age . . .
Amy Argetsinger :

And married to a former model, apparently.

– October 24, 2012 12:42 PM

Trump

So, really? Really? That's the "big" announcement? I think Trump should donate $5 million just for having wasted my time. Ugh.
Amy Argetsinger :

For those just now catching up, Trump's big announcement was simply that he'll donate $5 million to charity if President Obama releases his college transcripts and passport records.

– October 24, 2012 12:44 PM

Counting horses and bayonettes

This bayonet things is a perfect example of how stupid our political discourse has become. Romney's original comparison between our 2012 and 1916 navies was idiotic. But for people to actually try to defend it by arguing that bayonets are somehow more relevant to today's army than they were four generations ago is inane. The actual number of bayonets in our military is mind-bogglingly irrelevant.
Roxanne Roberts :

The one good thing: American voters are learning the definition of "bayonet." Not to be confused with "bassinet."

– October 24, 2012 12:44 PM

Scandal/Homeland

They are the best two shows on TV, but I cannot imagine how either goes into another season. Any ideas?
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, "Scandal" can carry on with its aburdity for many more years. "Homeland," I'm concerned about. I love that show so much but think it needs a solid ending point to retain its narrative integrity.

– October 24, 2012 12:45 PM

Salahi/Schon

Hey, as a tribut to Micahele or whatever her name is, let's all crash the wedding !

She'd be honored, I bet.

– October 24, 2012 12:45 PM

Sandy

Also Alexis Denisov's character on How I Met Your Mother. He & his wife Alyson Hannigan have two adorable daughters. I just wish he was on television more. I loved him in Buffy & Angel.
Roxanne Roberts :

Just realized he's the creepy Sandy Rivers on the show. Much cuter in real life.

– October 24, 2012 12:46 PM

Don't be a snob -- neither of us went to journalism school. It's not all that.

and I did go to J-school, and I'm a lawyer. so....
Roxanne Roberts :

So law school, too. MBA? How much did you drop on graduate schools?

– October 24, 2012 12:47 PM

College transcripts

The Donald doesn't care about the grades, he thinks the application will show that The President was a foreign exchange student, not an American.

Good luck with that.

– October 24, 2012 12:48 PM

Gloria Allred vs. Mitt

Is it just me or does any case represented by her automatically get filed in the Jerry Springer area of your brain?
Amy Argetsinger :

No, because Gloria Allred was the attorney in this case, and it's a story that's definitely stayed with me:

The Animal Within; They Tamed Moe. But Two Other Chimps Heeded the Brutal Call of the Wild, 5/24/05

– October 24, 2012 12:48 PM

Trump and Mitt

Would Donald Trump be willing to offer $5 million to the charity of Romney's choice if the latter reveals his IRS returns for the past 10 years? I honestly doubt that many likely voters really care about Obama's college transcript, and only a Birther could truly care about his passport application (cuz you know it's going to list him born in Hawaii, so the Birthers will claim that THAT's a lie as well).
Roxanne Roberts :

Funny you should ask. I'm guessing no.

– October 24, 2012 12:48 PM

Trump

Do you think he had something (at least in his own weird little pea brain) and it either fell through or was embaragoed by the Romney campaign? This seems way too anticlimatic and slipshot to have been what he was promoting.
Amy Argetsinger :

Hey, it got everyone to pay attention to him for 48 hours, so where's the downside there? No, I don't think there was anything more to it than that. If there were anything more to be known about these two guys, we'd probably know it by now.

– October 24, 2012 12:49 PM

No one is defending Romney in the chat

Just exposing the supposed zinger from Obama for the lie it really is.
– October 24, 2012 12:52 PM

What about us guys

We read your chat, too, and some of us are even straight, so I don't have a Nat that I'd like to see naked. How about women's soccer? I'll take two while we're at it. Yes, I'm a pig.
Roxanne Roberts :

A healthy respect for female athletic bodies is no sin. Two is a little complicated to pull off -- but hey, a guy can dream.

– October 24, 2012 12:52 PM

So law school, too. MBA? How much did you drop on graduate schools?

J-school undergrad, then law school. that's it, no other degrees. I was supporting you--J-school is not a pre-req for journalism, but is extraordinarily helpful for ensuring if you are the wrong fit for journalism!
Amy Argetsinger :

I've heard the same said about law school and the legal profession, for some unfortunate folks anyway.

– October 24, 2012 12:53 PM

You can register at Hooters?

How did I miss that - I feel robbed!! And, for my money - Michael Morse would be the guy.

Two for one gift cards.

– October 24, 2012 12:53 PM

The trajectory of Liam Neeson

I think he's had a singular career. I first became aware of him as the hunky youngish boy toy of Judy Davis in Woody Allen's Husbands and Wives. Then he made all those serious films that established him as a real actor--Michael Collins, Kinsey and, especially, Schindler's List. After all that, he became an action hero in his late 50s. It's like he got his career backward, save for the hunky, youngish part. (Of course, once of his early films was the cartoonish Darkman, but he was sorta unrecognizable in that.)
Amy Argetsinger :

That's why the new breed of Liam Neeson movies are so awesome, though. Because, while faintly ridiculous, they tap into his incredible reserve of gravitas, creating the most delicious frisson of clashing flavors, like salt and Coke.

– October 24, 2012 12:55 PM

ENOUGH OF THE SALAHIS ALREADY

You guys are so lame. Can't you quit talking about them for one minute and focus on someone more important like Lindsay Lohan? Just kidding!
Amy Argetsinger :

hahaha. I feel like it's time for an embargo on news on Lindsay. She's just a former famous person who's become an undeserving brunt of Internet scorn.

– October 24, 2012 12:55 PM

Candy

My mom is clever. Too clever. We didn't have a lot of money when I was a kid. She would take some of our Halloween candy and hide it in the back of the freezer and then put it in our Christmas stockings. Because you're supposed to have candy in your Christmas stocking. I didn't know this until she told me about five years ago. I was 34.
Amy Argetsinger :

And still working through those frozen reserves of KitKats, I hope? Your mom is a smart lady.

– October 24, 2012 12:57 PM

You can register at Hooters?

You can get MARRIED at a Hooters! At least the one in Jeffersonville, Indiana!
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, please do send us the photos of your happy day!

– October 24, 2012 12:58 PM

okay I'll ask

what will you be this year for Halloween? Or your kids and pets? fairies seem in this year, but think that's true every year.
Amy Argetsinger :

Fairies, really? I was a fairy princess for Halloween once, but I bet I can't fit into that costume anymore. I don't know, I assume everyone's going dressed as Paul Ryan or the "Gangnam Style" guy -- though I often go to a dorky Washington party where people dress as "sequestration" or whatever.

– October 24, 2012 1:00 PM

Horses and bayonets

I was puzzled about the bayonets myself, knowing that they're part of certain rifles. I suspect it started out as "buggy whips" but someone didn't think that sounded very military, and didn't consider that in 1916 most military conveyances were horse-drawn and would have been equipped with buggy whips..
Roxanne Roberts :

That's the problem with these too-clever-by-half rejoiners; tend to get managed.

– October 24, 2012 1:01 PM

Just exposing the supposed zinger from Obama for the lie it really is.

It is not a lie. You are quibbling. The rest of us got the point. Are you going to argue that our military doesn't have fewer horses than we did in 1916 too?
Amy Argetsinger :

You two want to take it outside? I got nothing to add. My only take is that in the annals of debate catchphrases, "horses and bayonets" is no "Jack Kennedy."

– October 24, 2012 1:01 PM

Thank goodness Liam Neeson is done with Taken

Now can we get him to go back to real acting, please?
Roxanne Roberts :

Am I a sissy for liking him in "Love, Actually"? Or a sissy for liking "Love, Actually"?

– October 24, 2012 1:01 PM

Oh, please do send us the photos of your happy day!

Twas my husband's cousin (19 years old). How could we have NOT gone?!? It was actually pretty ironically awesome. We then hit Churchill Downs!
Amy Argetsinger :

That also sounds unironically awesome. What a great day.

– October 24, 2012 1:03 PM

Recycled Candy

My kids never ate their chocolate Easter bunnies (they were too cute). So I saved them and gave them to them again the next yer (knowing they would not eat them).
Amy Argetsinger :

Ha. Chocolate Easter bunnies are also secretly disgusting. About as edible as fruitcake.

– October 24, 2012 1:03 PM

I don't think it's fair to say he has no moral center.

I think it's completely fair. He trumpets moral virtue and has built a good deal of his career on it, so the schadenfreude about his antics is completely justified. I haven't sniggered so hard since Tom "I'm a married Catholic so I don't write sex scenes" dumped his wife for a woman half his age that he met on the Internet.
Roxanne Roberts :

All this is a good reminder about painting people in black and white. good and evil terms. Humans are complicated beings, and you can find yourself on the wrong end of the spotlight. And can I put in a plug -- once again -- for discretion?

– October 24, 2012 1:04 PM

D'Souza

By lack of a moral center, I was referring to his claim that Obama is an anti-colonial socialist. Such a lie is remarkable in its basic acceptance in the current mainstream of political thought.
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, you're right, there was that too. Dude has a lot going on.

– October 24, 2012 1:04 PM

Healthy snacks

My dentist and I have had this conversation. Let kids pig out at Halloween and whatever culturally-appropriate holidays your family celebrates. The rest of the year, make candy a very rare treat. Healthier all around.
Roxanne Roberts :

Excellent advice. And floss.

– October 24, 2012 1:05 PM

B'More Cat and Reliable Source Lover

I read about Dinesh D'Souza and realize he's scummy. I associate the whole "married with a fiance(e)" phenomenon with Tori Spelling and Anne Heche. Any non-Hollywood types I'm leaving out?
Amy Argetsinger :

Was that the case for the two of them? (But not with each other, of course.)

– October 24, 2012 1:05 PM

The Trumpification of DC

I was sitting in traffic last night next to the Old Post Office Bldg and wondering when the Trumpification begins. I still cannot fathom that. On Pennsylvania Avenue. In our stodgy old Washington.
Amy Argetsinger :

It's gonna be world-class! World-class, I tell you!

– October 24, 2012 1:06 PM

Which Tom is this??
Amy Argetsinger :

I have no idea. I think the chatter accidentally left out a last name. . . .

– October 24, 2012 1:09 PM

Big let-down

I figured Trump had something really juicy on Obama, but it's turned out to be the biggest let-down since Geraldo Rivera and what was it, Al Capone/s empty safe?

Yep.

– October 24, 2012 1:12 PM

Trump's 15 minutes

should have been up long ago, will we ever be rid of him and his comb-over?
Amy Argetsinger :

You can always opt to not watch him on TV/follow him on Twitter.

– October 24, 2012 1:13 PM

Love actually!

I love that movie too--Liam Neeson and the whole cast, especially Bill Nighy. Now THERE'S an underrated actor.
Roxanne Roberts :

He was hysterical in that movie.

– October 24, 2012 1:14 PM

Jimmy Savile

What is with this story, anyway? Was this guy just running around and shagging teenagers right and left and BBC chose to do nothing?

Amy Argetsinger :

Something like that. I haven't been following closely, but apparently he was a late beloved British TV personality who turns out to have been a terrible groper/molester. Will catch upon this later.

– October 24, 2012 1:16 PM

love, actually

Hey I like that movie too!!

Sue me --I'm a romantic.

Halloween is just one week away -- we'll be back here with our treats and tricks. In the meanwhile, send us your tips and sightings to reliablesource@washpost.com. Next week, same time.

– October 24, 2012 1:17 PM