September 19, 2012

The Reliable Source Live

Washington Post columnist Amy Argetsinger was online Wednesday, September 19, at noon ET to discuss your favorite gossip, celebrity sightings and their recent columns.

Past Reliable Source chats

Amy Argetsinger :

Hello all, and welcome back. The Honorable Roxanne Roberts is "off on assignment," as it's politely said, so you just have me today. I know: Boo.

Some things on our radar:

After four years of highly visible years as the Ken and Barbie of the Redskins, Chris Cooley and his wife Christy are divorcing.

But! Michelle Kwan got engaged. And so did millionaire Mark Ein.

And Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds honeymooned right in our backyard, at the Inn at Little Washington, Va.

And what a marvelous new bromance: Wale and Bryce Harper, just hanging out at Ben's Chili Bowl, as one does.

And how about we put a bright spin on some unfortunate news by trying to get Amanda Bynes and Shaun White together?

In other news: Miss America 2011 becomes a freshman at Virginia's Patrick Henry  College . . . Congressmen lose their sense of honor(able). . . . Marion Barry sings! And sings again! . . . Levi Johnston is a dad, again. . . Eva [hearts] Mark. . . Kate Middleton -- whoops! . . .

And Clint Eastwood — so unpredictable! — mouthed off again.

Send me your questions, please. It's not like you've got anything better to do, right?

The Royals

Don't you think that they made things worse by suing. Honestly, I never would have heard word one about the photos until the law suit ratched this up to nuclear levels.
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh really? It seemed like when I flipped the switch on my Internet machine that morning, every thing o the screen was "topless Kate photos nsfw!!!" Followed by a thinky, chin-scratching essays about privacy rights and celebrity, etc., that seem to have been written for the sheer purpose of slapping a "Topless Kate photos stir debate. . ." headline on it and scooping up the Google traffic.

Having said that -- I have to wonder if this was all a scheme to help the royal family raise money.

– September 19, 2012 12:06 PM

Forget RGIII....

....It's all about Butterstick II.
Amy Argetsinger :

Where's Panda Cam II, I wonder? Right now, it sounds like only the keepers have a good vantage.

Zookeepers maintain a 24-hour watch over Washington’s newest panda

– September 19, 2012 12:08 PM

Royal Relations

Kate's topless photos were supposedly taken at Viscount Linley's home in France. If he's the son of William's great-aunt Princess Margaret, how is he related to William and Kate?

First cousin, once-removed.

– September 19, 2012 12:09 PM

BRUUUCE

Were there any Bruce sitings while he was in town? There is someone I would like to have a drink with.
Amy Argetsinger :

Nope. Sounds like he flew in around 4 p.m. the afternoon of the show -- and I wouldn't be surprised if he got right back on the private jet as soon as the show was over.

– September 19, 2012 12:11 PM

Just wondering

Where did the guy who owns the Kastles and is marrying someone young enough to be his daughter get all his money?
Amy Argetsinger :

Hey, she's only 20 years younger. That's a pretty standard age difference in that particular world. He made his money the old-fashioned boring way -- tech/telecom, etc.

– September 19, 2012 12:15 PM

Yay

Thank you for posting links to your pieces at the top of the chat and in the daily "Read This" item. If, god forbid, I miss a day of reading, it's an unbelievable pain in the tookus to read previous entries. Speaking of which, wasn't there a plan to upgrade the software so that we could, you know, read blog content? Any idea when that's going to happen?
Amy Argetsinger :

Thanks, glad that helped -- I realized that from the blog homepage, you could only really see the most recent four or five items unless you specifially knew how to look more deeply, so the more links I create by hand, the better . . . don't understand the latter part of the question about reading blog content -- isn't that what you're doing? (Email me at reliablesource@washpost.com if this is a complex question.)

– September 19, 2012 12:17 PM

Dylan or Springsteen?

Who is higher in the music god Pantheon?

Dylan, duh.

– September 19, 2012 12:18 PM

What I like about Clint Eastwood

After saying he was never going to discuss his appearance at the GOP convention, he had the common sense to realize that, if he was going to promote the new movie, he would be asked questions and would have to answer them affably. I think that's the mark of a stand up guy, especially as he only starred in the movie as a favor to the director, a long time colleague on Clint's production team.
Amy Argetsinger :

Last month, I was wondering whether Clint would be embarrassed about the whole thing or whether he would just own it. I like that he's owning it. Even while he's somewhat mortifying he's just irresistible. It helps that he is perhaps one of the handsomest men ever. Those guys can get away with a lot.

– September 19, 2012 12:20 PM

20 years younger

Sigh. I couldn't marry someone 20 years younger even if it did border on illegal. Even 10 years is too much. How do you have a discussion with someone who never made a mix-tape?
Amy Argetsinger :

Mixed-tapes -- that really is the generational dividing line, isn't it? BTW, how do you feel about the terrible-but-irresistible movie "Singles" turning 20?

– September 19, 2012 12:22 PM

Amy connection

So, did you know Ein's fiancee from UVA?
Amy Argetsinger :

You're not seriously asking that, right? As you'll see in the story, she's a 2007 graduate, and remember where I was in 2007? Right here, chatting with you.

– September 19, 2012 12:24 PM

SNL

Jay Pharaoh looks like he's on track to channel President Obama much better than Fred Armisen did. And his quips about Mitt Romney being the biggest asset to the Democratic campaign seems painfully true at the moment. So glad that Jason Sudeikis is sticking around to do his cheerfully clueless imitation of Romney.
Amy Argetsinger :

Sudeikis also does an essential Biden imitation.

– September 19, 2012 12:25 PM

Amanda Bynes v. Shaun White

I suspect that one significant difference between Amanda Bynes and Shaun White is that Shaun has apologized promptly and thoroughly.
Amy Argetsinger :

Well, Amanda's had a lot going lately.

– September 19, 2012 12:25 PM

John Edwards

Anything more on this than that nut job's coy comment?
Amy Argetsinger :

You mean, any new developments in his maybe-on-again relationship with Rielle? Sorry, the only Edwards news I have this week is that a tree fell in front of his old house yesterday. For what it's worth.

– September 19, 2012 12:28 PM

Panda Cam

They'll wait and start that once it's clear the baby will survive. Those little things are very delicate. It's a reason why that's an endangered species.
Amy Argetsinger :

No one wants a tragic roll-over to happen live on Panda Cam.

– September 19, 2012 12:28 PM

Re: Yay

I thought one or more of you discussers said that WaPo.com was upgrading its blog software so that it was easier to read and so that archives weren't so darn annoying. No?
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, I've been told that the format is going to change -- again -- but no guarantees that it will be easier to read.

– September 19, 2012 12:29 PM

Re: Royal relations

Man, Amy, you are gooooooood.
Amy Argetsinger :

I don't understand why everyone doesn't understand this stuff.

– September 19, 2012 12:29 PM

Sudeikis also does an essential Biden imitation

Does this mean I can have Jason Sudeikis come over to roll out turf on my front yard? Please???
Amy Argetsinger :

That would be a dream come true.

– September 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Chris Cooley divorce

I noticed he didn't have a prenup - but can a wife get a lot in a divorce when a)they weren't married long and b) they did not have kids?
Amy Argetsinger :

Probably not. But the fact this has been handled very quietly suggests that she's probably been taken care of well. I don't know, any divorced lawyers/divorced people want to weigh in here?

– September 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Miss American

My initial reaction to this was: they still do Miss America? It is so odd how BIG a deal this use to be, and I couldn't even name on of the past 15 or twenty winners. Ever since Vanessa Williams, I could not think of one. And, we only remember her for the wrong reasons...
Amy Argetsinger :

The Miss American Organization really missed the boat on the whole reality TV thing. They should have been ahead of that curve, but they missed the opportunity. Honestly, I find it hugely entertaining. It's as great a spectator sport as the Kentucky Derby, the National Spelling Bee or the GOP primary.

– September 19, 2012 12:32 PM

Cognitive dissonance

I'm a lot of cognitive dissonance at the mental image of Bruce Springsteen in a private jet. But I guess both he and his audience are today quite far removed from the high school dropouts and factory workers that he celebrates in his songs, a point that your newspaper made in a recent article. There's a whole lot of fanciful thinking going on during a Springsteen concert.
Amy Argetsinger :

Yes, and it's well worth reading that story: Bruce Springsteen means many things to many people in Washington

– September 19, 2012 12:33 PM

Bryce Harper

I see Wale took Bryce Harper to Ben's Chili's Bowl. I wonder if he actually liked the food.
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, he probably did. The food there is probably best if you're drunk, but probably works just as well for you if you're a sober 19-year-old.

Bryce Harper and Wale at Ben's Chili Bowl

– September 19, 2012 12:35 PM

I want to be a viscountess

That seems like a good career goal for me. I'm pretty sure you still get to wear a crown but I don't think anyone cares if you sunbathe topless.
Amy Argetsinger :

I hear you. But sorry, ladies, Viscount Linley, aka David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, aka 15th in line to the throne, is already married. Fun fact: Did you know that he's the chairman of Christie's auction house in the UK?

– September 19, 2012 12:37 PM

Jason Sudeikis

Wouldn't Sudeikis roll out astroturf on your yard, since he's just an imitation Biden?

That is correct.

– September 19, 2012 12:38 PM

Couldn't Kate use this...

As an excuse to sunbathe topless from now on? Since everyone's seen her [black bar], who really cares if she shows them again in the future.
Amy Argetsinger :

Seriously. Women in France do this all the time, and since she's so fashion-forward, why doesn't she just make this the new thing.

– September 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Lewinsky Book

Is it safe to say that she's running short on money?
Amy Argetsinger :

Probably. But so are publishing houses. I wonder if this would be a good bet for them or not.

– September 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Amy Robach

The last time I saw Amy Robach was on NBC. Now she seems to be turning up on ABC. Why did she leave NBC and when? Did she want to replace Ann Curry ?
Amy Argetsinger :

The Internet machine tells me she went to ABC in May. Don't know anything about her career trajectory (except that she's the one married to Billy from "Melrose Place," right?).

– September 19, 2012 12:42 PM

Woodbridge

So Tian Tian is more interested in eating and sleeping than in "getting some?" And I thought I was the only one with a boring love life.
Amy Argetsinger :

Honestly, I don't know why we keep trying and trying with these pandas. They clearly have no interest in perpetuating their species themselves.

– September 19, 2012 12:42 PM

Jessica Simpson

Ok, now she's shilling for Weight Watchers (yes, I know she had a baby). I don't think I've ever seen anyone with less talent make a bigger name for herself.
– September 19, 2012 12:44 PM

Let's sue Dennis Quaid!

Did you see that a man is suing Dennis Quaid for medical bills that he has to pay as a result of his horse falling on him while he was riding a trail on DQ's estate? This is like the rich person's version of suing McDonald's for spilling hot coffee on your body. How is it DQ's fault that your horse spooked and you weren't wearing a helmet? Don't think so! People are ridiculous.
Amy Argetsinger :

This was such a disappointing story to click on. "Dennis Quaid sued over near-fatal horse accident" gave me the false promise that Dennis Quaid was riding a horse that stomped a man to death. That is not what happened.

– September 19, 2012 12:47 PM

James Carter, Presidential grandson

Can you tell us more about James Carter, the Presidential grandson who discovered the video snippets posted online of Mitt Romney's talk at that Boca Raton private fundraiser? What does young Carter do for a living, and is he looking to have a political future?
Amy Argetsinger :

Here's the most useful story I've seen on the topic. He's a 35-year-old guy who has been spending a lot of time doing his own opposition research against the Republicans and is now hoping to get paid for doing it. Sounds like a few job offers are coming through now. Doesn't sound like he wants to work in politics himself, though. Here's a crazy thing to realize -- at 35, he would have only been a toddler when his grandfather left office.

Jimmy Carter’s grandson describes furtive efforts to arrange release of secret Romney video

– September 19, 2012 12:50 PM

The Royals have it right

to prevent anyone from making money over photos of any of their members' naked bodies. Of course, some generate more interest than others....
Amy Argetsinger :

So now that we've seen Harry naked and Kate naked -- I mean, the wish list kind of ends there, right?

– September 19, 2012 12:50 PM

How could she be surprised?

They'd just dealt with the leaked video of her brother-in-law partying naked in Vegas. So come on, you're one of the most famous women in the world and you go outside to sunbathe topless and you're actually surprised someone managed to snap a few photos? Seriously?
Amy Argetsinger :

You know, when you're at your cousin the viscount's house in the South of France, you just kind of let your hair down.

– September 19, 2012 12:52 PM

Kate

I get the whole invasion of privacy thing, but I kind of wish she had been able to say "I was on a personal holiday with my husband on private property. My only regret about this situation is that newspapers are using our private time to profit." I suspect the Palace needs to be more outraged, but I think it would die down sooner if she shrugged it off. She wasn't doing anything wrong.

Good point.

– September 19, 2012 12:53 PM

The Viscount has a day job?

I thought it was still like those Regency romance novels where the Viscount went horseback riding, fox hunting, and ballroom dancing in nicely fitted breeches.
Amy Argetsinger :

It's hard out there for a viscount. All those guys have to get a job these days.

– September 19, 2012 12:53 PM

Oh, the truth comes out

"It's as great a spectator sport as the Kentucky Derby, the National Spelling Bee or the GOP primary." Thank you for dropping the pretense that you are non-partisan.
Amy Argetsinger :

Oh, the 2008 Democratic primary was pretty entertaining. More so than the Republican one that year. But, if you recall, we didn't have one this time around, so, boo.

– September 19, 2012 12:54 PM

Amy Robach

Show worked on the weekends with Lester Holt on Weekend Today. Her kids are older now and she probably wanted more work during the week. I was sad that she wasn't on the Weekend Today Anniversary Show last weekend.
Amy Argetsinger :

Okay, thanks for the update.

– September 19, 2012 12:55 PM

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone with less talent make a bigger name for herself"

Jessica Simpson has vastly more talent than all the Kardashian clan combined! Not that that's saying a lot, but, ya know...
Amy Argetsinger :

She paved the way for the Kardashians.

– September 19, 2012 12:56 PM

No one wants a tragic roll-over to happen live on Panda Cam

Is it terrible to say that made me laugh out loud.
Amy Argetsinger :

You're all anonymous here.

– September 19, 2012 12:57 PM

Jessica simpson

I understand that she thought pregnancy was great because you could eat everything you wanted and the weight would all disappear once you had the baby and then she complained that no one told her that's not how it works. I also remember back when she and Nick Lachey had their newlyweds show that she kept her unopened cans of tuna in the refridgerator. Not too bright, if you ask me.
Amy Argetsinger :

See? This is how she keeps you interested.

– September 19, 2012 12:57 PM

James Carter IV

I know that you, your co-workers, and most of your readers are all good liberals striving to re-elect Obama, but really, am I the only one who realizes that James Carter IV engaged in a possibly illegal, and definitely unethical, act by secretly taping a speech that was meant to be given only to supporters? You and your paper had a lot of heartburn over the legality of James O'Keefe's videos, but it sounds like it's OK with the Post if you're a liberal Democrat when you make a secret recording!
Amy Argetsinger :

James Carter IV didn't tape that speech -- someone at the fundraiser did, we just don't know who. And yes, as it's been noted, that person could be in legal jeopardy.  I'm not taking a side here, but before you do, consider that there's not a perfect apples-and-apples comparison between taping someone who doesn't know they're being taped and pretending to be someone you're not to get someone else to say something provocative on tape. Any journalist would get fired for doing the latter, so there's the sensibility difference.

– September 19, 2012 1:02 PM

Here's a crazy thing to realize

I'm confused. What is the the crazy aspect you're referring to? Didn't Carter have a teenage daughter when he was in the White House? So whose child is this? The crazy thing to me is that the grandson is that old. Amy Carter can't be more than 42 or so.
Amy Argetsinger :

Amy Carter, who is now 44, is the youngest-by-far of Jimmy and Rosalynn's four kids and the only one who was still living at home when they entered the White House. The others were already grown by then, and already having kids of their own, and are now in their 50s or 60s.

– September 19, 2012 1:05 PM

"Thank you for dropping the pretense that you are non-partisan."

Dear fellow chatter: Please do not diss our beloved Amy, either seriously or sarcastically. She is a dedicated journalist who tries to entertain and enlighten us every Wednesday at noon. When she is going solo, she has to work twice as hard. She makes lots of jokes, some better than others. Please don't find look for faults to point out to the chat group at large. Keep the negativity to yourself, and we'll all have a good time.

Well said.

And can I just add: I'm kind of sick of self-appointed bias hunters who leap on any single story and/or passing joke as if it's indubitable proof of where a journalist secretly stands on an issue, without taking into context everything else they've written -- positive, negative, whatever -- on that same public figure and others.

– September 19, 2012 1:08 PM

I did not know this was the "pick on Amy chat"

I would have gone out to lunch. That said, I don't care about your personal politics or the Post's leanings...this chat is usually the highlight of my week for funny comments.
Amy Argetsinger :

Hey, it's just one person who got out of the wrong side of bed -- I could have ignored the questions but thought it was only fair to engage them. We'll move on.

– September 19, 2012 1:09 PM

Lilo does it again

So, now she's in trouble for leaving the scene when she sideswiped a guy with her car. Was she worried that Amanda Bynes was getting all the attention?
Amy Argetsinger :

Clearly. Maybe she's jealous about our idea of hooking Amanda up with Shaun White.

– September 19, 2012 1:09 PM

"Singles" turns 20?

I feel old. And was too psyched that Pearl Jam was in it.
Amy Argetsinger :

That movie seemed dated the moment it came out. Really looking forward to seeing it again.

– September 19, 2012 1:10 PM

Rielle Hunter

I make it a point to turn her book cover to the back when I see it in a bookstore. Just doing my small part to keep sales down.

Bookstore vigilante!

– September 19, 2012 1:10 PM

Women in France do it all the time

Actually, no they don't anymore. My boyfriend was quite upset upon discovering this on our trip to the south of France two summers ago. Maybe that's why Kate was getting so much attention. Bringing sexy back.
Amy Argetsinger :

You know, it must get tiresome to always be on the International Best-Dressed List. She wa's probably thinking, "Hey, why's it always got to be about my clothes?"

– September 19, 2012 1:11 PM

Lewinsky

I still can not muster up the slightest bit of sympathy for the lady, even all these years later. She nearly brought down a government, not just by the actual oval office behavior, but her complete lack of discretion. IF you are going to have an affair with the leader of the free world, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!! Of course, the type of person who does have an affair with a married man is probably exactly the type of person who gabs and gabs about it to anyone who will listen.
Amy Argetsinger :

I will always feel bad for her. Having read her first book (did you forget she already had one?), she was clearly a very needy/screwed-up young woman who made a mistake that a lot of needy/screwed-up young women make -- just in a situation with much graver consequences. And she didn't tell a lot of people, as I recall. And let's not forget who else's behavior was party to almost bringing down a government, ahem, his own. . .  And I'm pretty sure she's suffered the consequences. What do you think her life is like now? I'm guessing it's pretty lousy.

– September 19, 2012 1:15 PM

SIngles turning 20 (sniff!)

Wow, I am old - I was just at the right age/lifestage when that movie came out (sophomore in college). I thought that I would aspire to marry Campbell Scott while listening to Screaming Trees the rest of my life. Alas, I did not marry Campbell but I do still listen to that soundtrack every now and then...
Amy Argetsinger :

Campbell Scott -- now there's a former Star of Tomorrow.  Kind of an unusual casting choice, in hindsight. Likeable guy, though.

– September 19, 2012 1:15 PM

Holy Crap!

The Royals have boobs too! Who would have known? That's newsworthy stuff. Why would I want to see the private parts of a bunch of inbreds anyway?
Amy Argetsinger :

Well, in fairness, she's neither inbred nor royal-by-birth.

– September 19, 2012 1:16 PM

A waiter's eye view

There is speculation that the Romney video was shot by a waiter at the event, given the perspective from among the stacks of glasses. Carter and Mother Jones shared it more widely. It's sort of the U.S. equivalent of Kate's topless photos.
Amy Argetsinger :

My guess  -- based solely on carefully watching the video, and zero inside knowledge whatsoever -- is that it was someone tending bar.

– September 19, 2012 1:17 PM

any divorced lawyers/divorced people want to weigh in here

freudian slip here? Lawyers are people too!!!! I swear!
Amy Argetsinger :

Ha. Yes, I meant "divorce lawyers/divorced people" -- though I suppose a divorced divorce lawyer would be the ultimate expert.

– September 19, 2012 1:18 PM

Her lousy life?

Didn't she graduate from the London School of Economics and get married? She might be perfectly happy. However, if you want to put your past behind you, you don't write a book.
Amy Argetsinger :

She has not gotten married. And she moved to London in part to avoid the uncomfortable spotlight of life in the U.S. I don't know what she's done since then, really.

– September 19, 2012 1:19 PM

You mean Linda Tripp?
Amy Argetsinger :

No. You want another guess?

– September 19, 2012 1:20 PM

Speaking of Lewinsky. . .

Mentioning Monica made me wonder, what is Linda Tripp up to now, still working for the government? or retired?
Amy Argetsinger :

She was running a year-round Christmas shop in Middleburg, at one point. No idea if that's still going on.

– September 19, 2012 1:22 PM

Romney secret video

*Was* it illegal? I am a lawyer, but not a privacy specialist. It doesn't seem me that there would be any expectation of privacy at a fundraising event.
Amy Argetsinger :

There are laws about recording people without their consent, which vary from state to state. I suppose there could also be a civil case, if the guests and hired help signed confidentiality agreements before attending -- no idea if that's the case.

– September 19, 2012 1:23 PM

Campbell Scott

Son of George C. and Colleen Dewhurst, is on "Royal Pains" as the uber-rich Boris. And still hot.
Amy Argetsinger :

Make of this what you will, but the Internet informs me that Campbell Scott is actually a baby boomer (b. 1961) and perhaps an unlikely choice for what was supposed to be a Voice of Generation X movie.

– September 19, 2012 1:25 PM

Top Ten List?

So now we have to tune in to Letterman to see if *he* can get a straight answer out of POTUS about the debt? Seriously? Trillion here, trillion there. Soon we'll be talking David Geffen money...
Amy Argetsinger :

Ha. I haven't watched yet.

– September 19, 2012 1:25 PM

Is Ryan Reynolds the new Elizabeth Taylor?

He seems to have a predelication for getting married quickly and fairly often.
Amy Argetsinger :

Actually, you know who else got married early and often? Martin Scorsese. Did you know that he's on Wife # 5? So there's a good role model. I can only assume that Ryan really wants to direct.

– September 19, 2012 1:27 PM

Negative view of Kate

Sorry, but Kate Middleton "set her cap" for Wills. She chose to attend St. Andrew's University BECAUSE she knew that Prince William was enrolling there. She pursued him relentlessly for over a decade (except for when they were "on a break"). She wanted to marry into arguably the most photographed Royal family on earth, and got her wish. She reasonably should've known that paps with super telephoto lenses would be trolling for topless photos of her outdoors, taken at great distances from public property. Any chance she's learned her lesson from this? Or is she just too ambitious and arrogant, despite her public persona?
Amy Argetsinger :

Wow, Kate's gonna really regret that one time she tripped you during field hockey, huh?

– September 19, 2012 1:29 PM

Romney and Biden

Romney and Biden are both teetotalers (albeit for different reasons), while the President has his own honey beer brewed right in the White House. Does anyone know Paul Ryan's imbibing predilections?
Amy Argetsinger :

He's been known to have a drink. But a guy that bright-eyed and fit couldn't be a heavy boozer. Seriously, have you noticed? Middle-aged politicians don't look like they did a couple generations ago.

– September 19, 2012 1:32 PM

hee. and this is why you and Rox are the best! that's some funny stuff, there.
Amy Argetsinger :

Thanks. I cracked myself up with that one.

– September 19, 2012 1:32 PM

Monica Lewinsky

Even long after the fact, she was trading in on her "celebrity" in the New York hipster/social scene. I remember seeing her at a couple of partys in the earlyish 2000s and she was loving all the attention quite a lot. It was pretty vulgar, honestly.
Amy Argetsinger :

Yeah, and I remember feeling the same way when she was giving interviews to Barbara Walters, etc., back in the crazy days of 1999 or thereabouts. She seemed to enjoy the attention. But that clearly soured for her. She clearly stopped enjoying it. I remember a few years ago, we got a tip that someone who looked like her was in a Starbucks on Capitol Hill or something, and when I finally tracked down a rep for her, the rep said she couldn't imagine that Monica would want to go back to Washington in a million years.

– September 19, 2012 1:35 PM

Campbell Scott in movie

Isn't it typical for actors to play younger than their real age? How about the best friend in the Ferris Bueller movie, I think he was 30 or so at the time.
Amy Argetsinger :

The great Alan Ruck, too soon killed off of "Bunheads." Yeah, he was 30 when "Ferris Bueller" came out. Still looks fairly  youthful for a 56-year-old.

– September 19, 2012 1:36 PM

She nearly brought down a government

Um, I believe that'd be Clinton. She didn't have the power to bring down the government. She was merely the ... tool.
Amy Argetsinger :

Ding ding ding ding ding! Finally, someone got it right. I mean, really. . . . Time for me to run. Look forward to chatting again next week. Until then, stay in touch at reliablesource@washpost.com.

– September 19, 2012 1:38 PM